Friday, December 26, 2008

Fireman BBQ @ The Curve

Weeks ago before Christmas, bear and I were at The Curve to catch a glimpse of their Christmas decor. As usual, the place was crowded. Could hardly snap any pictures too. We got rather restless with the increasing number of people, so we squeezed through the crowd to look for a quiet place for dinner. Everywhere was simply full of people! We continued walking along The Street and went upstairs. To our delight, we saw the Fireman BBQ nestled cosily at a corner.


Fireman BBQ


We took a peek into the shop and felt a glow of Christmas warmth oozing out. The workers wore a Santa hat and were extremely friendly. (But most importantly, it was quiet and there were not many customers in it!)


Trendy looking interior

For some, you may not even step into a shop if there aren't many customers in it. But I've heard about Fireman BBQ before and it sort of reminded me of BBQ Plaza (I've had many wonderful experiences at BBQ Plaza and couldn't help comparing it to the Fireman BBQ).

Basically, it's all about cooking (or you may want to call it "grilling") your meat over a heated pot. The rim around the pot will be filled with soup, allowing you to simmer your vege, fish noodles or meatballs in it.

When we were seated down, I was absolutely impressed. Instead of gas, they used induction cooker to heat up the pot and cook the food.


Do you smell what the pot is cooking?!


To start off dinner, two pieces of lard are placed over the pot. Use your chopsticks to press on the lard and spread them all over the pot to add more flavours. Besides that, it serves as a layer of base to prevent the food from sticking onto the pot when cooking.

We ordered a set meal for 2 (around RM32++) which came with two bowls of rice of our choice (spicy rice, fried rice, or white rice). Bear ordered the spicy rice while I asked for the fried rice.


My fried rice


I took a spoonful of rice and stopped because the rice tasted very plain. I didn't like it. However, the spicy rice which bear ordered tasted great (and I regretted not ordering it!).

Not long after that, the set meat was served.


Oo laa laa, can't wait to cook 'em all!


One look at the plate of meat and our stomachs started growling. We digged in almost instantly. Pieces of meat were placed on top of the pot and they didn't take long to get cooked. The meat was fresh and I must say, the service there was pretty good too.


Cook baby cook!


Oh, and did I mention that you can dip the meat into the sauce to make it more savoury?


Squeeze some lime juice into the sauce and
add in the garlic and sliced chili


To my dismay, the sauce did not excite my tastebud at all, unlike BBQ Plaza, they serve some really flavourful sauce. A habit of mine when eating this, is that I love to add the sauce into the soup to make it tastier, because the soup usually tastes bland. But after adding this sauce into the soup, the soup still tasted quite the same.


After dinner, we asked for the bill. The price was reasonable and a tad cheaper than BBQ Plaza, which I thought was a rather good deal. And to our surprise, they even gave us a little Christmas present before we left.


It sure felt weighty inside


And guess what? It was a Fireman BBQ Cash Voucher worth RM30 and a Eau De Toilette set for men! (Grrr.... what about the ladies??)


Looks more like a gift for the bear


My experience at the Fireman BBQ was a pleasant one, especially with their attentive services and the use of induction cooker instead of the traditional gas stove. The meat was freshly served and the pots still looked brand new! Now, if only they could turn their sauce into something fantastic, I'm sure people will definitely love it!


(oh, and before I forget, here's a picture taken outside of Cineleisure.I really like it!)



Merry 'belated' Christmas to all!

No comments: