Saturday, January 24, 2009

New Paris Restaurant @ SS2

Do you love Chinese food? Well, if your answer is yes, head over to New Paris Restaurant @ SS2 (same row as Red Bliss wedding studio) for an unforgettable treat to a feast of good Chinese food! (despite its european-like name)

It all began when my colleagues brought me to this restaurant for lunch one day. When we arrived there, dozens of cars were already parked outside the restaurant. It is not easy to find a parking place during peak hours, so if you ever decide to drop by, be ready to squeeze into any empty spot that comes in sight!

We ordered some of their popular dishes, such as the fish head curry, pig's leg, brinjals with petai, yam cake and ginger fish. The staff were attentive and service was good. Even the food was fast and we didn't wait long for them to serve the first dish - brinjals with petai and green beans.


A combination of purple & green!


I'm not a fan of petai, but I love brinjals a lot. It is not the taste of petai which I dislike, but the "aftermath" of eating it that horrifies me hehe (I'm sure you know what I mean). However, the petai adds a pinch of exotic flavour to the brinjals, making them tastier than usual. MMmm MMMmmm!


A combination of orange and green!


Next to arrive was the fish head curry served with green beans, tomatoes and other ingredients. The curry was not too spicy, and jelled perfectly with the rice. Some people dislike soggy rice, but I simply love my rice to be soaked in anything, be it gravy, soup or curry especially this!


And the wonderment didn't end there. The much-anticipated mouth-watering pig's leg was next on the list!


A must-try dish!

Though amazed by the size of it, we managed to finish the whole leg through "great effort"! The skin was crispy and the meat was oh so juicy and succulent. Pour their special gravy all over the leg and you'll experience an exceptionally unique flavour. We've tried pig's leg at another popular restaurant in SS2 as well but it was nowhere close to this. Definitely a must-try for all piggy lovers out there! *Hehe*



Yam-my yam-my!

Our minds told us we were almost full, yet our stomachs kept yearning for more. As we struggled to finish the pig's leg, the Yam Basket crept its way onto the table. By looking at the picture above, you can see that different foods are mixed together in the basket, such as mushrooms, carrots, green chilis, cauliflower, and etc. The taste? Lovely! The yam was firm but soft, and the mixture of food and gravy instilled different tastes into it!


Finally, when we were about to surrender, the ginger fish arrived. Elegantly coated in a glittering layer of fine ginger, the texture of the fish was soft and "soothing", removing every ounce of "fish" smell to bring out a flawless flavour!


Ginger fish with gravy...mmmm!!!

*Burp!*

I would certainly recommend this place to those who itch for good Chinese food! New Paris Restaurant serves not only good food but also at an affordable price. Go check 'em out today!

2 comments:

The Hawk Speaks said...

I want me some PIG legs.
Wow I'm drolling already.
Hmm eeeuuu on the brinjal, and the petai.

I still think garlic would smell better than petai. Hmmm now you can't complain when I eat garlic. hehee.

Bearie and Gracie said...

Eeewww! I never said I like petai :P
Plus, it only smells bad in the toilet :P
Garlic smells bad then and there :P